Bradley S. Zimmerman is the Managing Partner at the Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm, New York, New York. Supported by decades of experience, throughout his legal career, he has represented the most vulnerable victims of society, children, who have suffered trauma at birth.
Mr. Zimmerman takes great honor and pride in helping those children by recovering funds from those responsible for their catastrophic and life-long injuries. Mr. Zimmerman has served as the Chair of Birth Trauma Seminars for the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute teaching and instructing other lawyers how to litigate these complex obstetrical matters. Mr. Zimmerman also has a tremendous amount of experience in all aspects of medical malpractice including failure to diagnose or prevent an impending heart attack, aortic aneurysm, stroke, avoidable amputations, and preventable vision loss due to curable infections.
Applauded for his sensitivity and compassion, he is also well-known for his tenacity and prowess in the courtroom. Mr. Zimmerman has resolved numerous multi-million dollar matters either through mediation or at trial.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts in 1988 from Franklin and Marshall College. Subsequently, in 1991, Mr. Zimmerman obtained his Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware. Admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, he also represents clients before the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, and the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey.
An active participant in several professional organizations, Mr. Zimmerman serves on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and is a past member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
He is also a member of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, is a long-standing member of the American Association for Justice. Mr. Zimmerman has become a life-long Fellow of the American Bar Association and he also maintains a membership with the Litigation Counsel of America, an honor society of the best trial lawyers where less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, vigorously vetted for skills expertise and service are peer selected.
As a well-respected member of the medical malpractice bar, Mr. Zimmerman often writes and lectures about topics of interest to the community. He recently published NY Birth Injury Rulings Show Medical Fund is Working in Law360 (April 2021); Birth Trauma Litigation Plaintiff Perspective for NYSTLI (June,2021); Additionally, his other publications include Nursing Home Litigation and Medical Malpractice (NYSTLI); Pretrial Issues in Laparoscopic Negligence Cases, ATLA Professional Negligence Section Newsletter and Legislative Caps Take Away the Judge’s Function, the New York Law Journal.
Mr. Zimmerman has also lectured extensively on other topics of medical malpractice litigation including seminars on cross-examination skills & mediating suits against hospitals. Recognized as a Super Lawyer since 2014 he continues to strive for the highest level of representation for his clients. Outside of the practice of law Mr. Zimmerman is a music artist and composer with one of his songs rising to the top of the retail charts playing over 3 Million spins.
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware (J.D., 1991)
- Franklin and Marshall College (B.A., 1988)
- New York, 1992
- New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Publications & Presentations
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and Tort Matters to Legal Community, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and Tort Matters to Legal Community, American Association for Justice
- “Pretrial Issues in Laparoscopic Negligence Cases,” ATLA Professional Negligence Section Newsletter
- “Legislative Caps Take Away the Judge’s Function,” New York Law Journal
Awards & Memberships
- New York City Bar Association, Member, Medical Malpractice Committee
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, Board of Directors
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, Member