Our Notable Personal Injury Verdicts & Settlements
Your Trusted Auto Accidents Attorneys in NYC
Dreams and plans are frequently derailed when crashes occur. Fortunately, victims of crashes can access compensation to address their losses. However, the compensation process is notoriously unfriendly to victims seeking the justice they deserve.
Because of the difficulties involved in getting proper compensation, car accident victims need an experienced NYC car accident lawyer to fight against insurance adjusters to get a compensation payout worthy of their injuries.
At the Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Firm, we work diligently to get justice for each car accident case we take on.
While you focus on getting well, we handle every aspect of your personal injury claim, including:
- Listening to your side of the story and hearing your concerns
- Thoroughly investigating every aspect of your crash
- Collecting and critically analyzing evidence for your claim
- Consulting with accident reconstruction and medical experts
- Handling all paperwork and documents related to your claim
- Meeting and negotiating with insurance company adjusters
- Keeping you informed as to the progress of your claim
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit if an insurance company fails to pay
You deserve full compensation if you suffer serious injuries in a car accident. Thankfully, our personal injury law firm has decades of experience helping clients like you. Our New York car accident attorneys are ready to help, so call today for a free consultation.
Where in New York Do Most Car Accidents Happen?
Car accidents occur throughout the Five Boroughs. However, Queens and Brooklyn tend to see the most crashes. That said, each borough has its hot spots where motor vehicle accidents occur at a higher rate than in other locations.
Some of the NYC hot spots for crashes include:
- 42nd Street and 8th Ave in Manhattan
- East 14th Street and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan
- Tillary Street and Jay Street in Brooklyn
- Flatbush and Tillary Street in Brooklyn
- Roosevelt Ave and 58th Street in Queens
- Morris Avenue at East 149th Street in the Bronx
- Morris Avenue at East 161st Street in the Bronx
- Grand Concourse in the Bronx
Having the knowledge of where car accidents frequently occur can help keep you safe as you transit the city, as well as always driving safely.
We Handle Every Type of Car Accident in New York
Our attorneys have represented injury victims from the Bronx to Staten Island in all kinds of accidents. Below are some of the more common types of accidents in the city.
- Head-On Collisions: The forces from a head-on collision are typically much more powerful than those in other accidents. They routinely cause serious personal injuries, from traumatic brain injuries to burns from explosions and post-accident fires.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents put a car's occupants at serious risk of injury or death due to the roof of the car collapsing. Additionally, rollovers can result in passengers being ejected from the vehicle if a seat belt fails or is not used.
- Sideswipe Collisions: Sideswipe collisions are a direct result of careless actions, such as failure to yield. Passengers on the impact side of the vehicle face a significant risk of catastrophic injuries or death.
Need Help After a Car Accident in New York? Get the Compensation You Deserve!
If you've been in a car accident, you deserve maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. Contact our NYC car accident attorneys for help.Schedule a Free Consultation
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in New York?
If you're ever involved in a car accident, it's important to know that what you do immediately after the crash can affect your life forever. Although your first instinct may be to panic, it is essential to keep calm and follow a few steps that will help keep you safe and preserve your claim for compensation.
- Remain at the Scene: Do not leave the scene of an accident. Doing so puts your claim for compensation in jeopardy. It is also a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and hundreds of dollars in fines and court costs.
- Get to a Safe Place: If possible, move your vehicle to a place of safety so you don't cause a subsequent crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, do not remain inside it or near it if it is on the road.
- Call the Police: Call the police so you have an official police report of the accident, which you will need when filing a claim for compensation. Although you have up to 10 days to report accidents causing injuries, calling the police to the scene is a wise choice for injury victims seeking compensation.
- Get Medical Treatment: Seek medical treatment as soon as possible after you have been injured. Failure to do so can lead to the insurance company questioning the cause and seriousness of your injuries.
- Do Not Say Sorry or Admit Fault: What you say after an accident can be used against you. Therefore, it is important to refrain from admitting guilt or responsibility for the crash.
- Refuse Early Settlement Offers: Car insurance companies like to tempt NYC car accident victims with quick settlement offers that are less than what victims deserve. If you receive an offer early on, do not accept it until you have spoken with an attorney who can give you a realistic evaluation of how much your case is worth.
- Meet with an Attorney: To increase your odds of getting maximum compensation for your injuries, you must find an experienced car accident lawyer to represent you. Victims with representation routinely receive far more compensation than those without attorneys.
After facing a car accident, do not hesitate to meet with a reputable attorney. Doing so will maximize your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in New York?
New York City has thousands of car accidents each week, and most of them have the same handful of causes. The common factor in most of these causes is a failure to maintain proper safety standards.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, rubbernecking, and reaching for items are a few examples of distracted driving that lead to car accidents.
- Failure to Yield: Failure to yield when turning or entering roadways causes serious accidents, such as T-bone collisions and accidents with pedestrians.
- Speeding: Speeding causes accidents because it reduces the time a driver has to react to a dangerous situation. Additionally, speeding exacerbates the damage done in car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence: Although the tragic consequences of DUI are clear, many drivers in New York City continue to drive while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Improper Passing: Drivers who execute passes improperly are typically in a hurry and disregard the rules of the road. The results are head-on collisions and other serious types of crashes.
- Aggressive Driving: New York City has its fair share of aggressive drivers who disregard the rules of the road to get where they're going. Unfortunately, their aggression is a major cause of car accidents in the city.
- Defective Vehicles: Some car accidents in New York, NY, occur because of a defect in a vehicle. Faulty tires, brakes, or other important vehicle parts can result in serious accidents, even when the driver exercises reasonable care. In cases such as these, the manufacturer or designer of the faulty part can be held to pay.
- Hazardous Road Conditions: All manner of hazardous road conditions can lead to car accidents in the city. In many instances, the weather is to blame for these hazardous conditions. In such cases, drivers must only drive as fast as the conditions allow. Other times, potholes and poorly maintained roads are responsible for hazardous road conditions.
No matter the cause of your accident, an attorney can get you the compensation you need.
We’ll Get You the Maximum Compensation for Any of These Car Accident Injuries
Auto accidents typically lead to severe injuries that disrupt the lives of victims and their families. If you or someone you love has suffered serious injuries, our NYC car accident lawyers will work diligently to get you the maximum compensation available for your losses.
Other injuries that our past clients have experienced include:
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal injuries
- Fractured and crushed bones
Whatever injury you or a loved one has suffered, you can rely on the Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Firm to fight for the compensation you need.
What Kind of Damages Are You Entitled to If You Have Gotten into a Car Accident in New York City?
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, you are entitled to seek damages for your losses. The type and extent of damages you receive depend on your situation. In many cases, the limited damages of PIP insurance are the source of a car accident victim's compensation. However, those who suffer serious injuries may seek full damages.
Economic damages provide compensation for verifiable financial losses directly related to your injury, including:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and lost future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Expenses related to the hiring of home care workers to help around the house
To prove economic damages, you only need receipts or account balances that verify your expenditures.
Non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate because they have no inherent price tag. That said, an experienced car accident attorney will make sure that their clients receive the non-economic damages they are entitled to, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Keep in mind that if your injuries are not considered to be serious, you will not be allowed to recover compensation for non-economic damages. Instead, you will be limited to partial economic damages offered under your PIP policy.
In some cases, the law allows accident victims to seek punitive damages. To qualify for punitive damages, the victim must prove that the liable driver acted in a way that showed a clear and conscious disregard for the safety of others. Drunk driving, for example, is a qualifying behavior for punitive damages.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can lead to lifelong debilitation and the loss of the ability to earn an income and enjoy life to its fullest.
Eye injuries can forever change your life and render you unable to engage in gainful employment for the long term — or forever.
The incredible forces at play in a car accident can do irreparable damage to a person's spinal cord, leading to temporary or permanent paralysis.
Burn injuries from car accidents are extremely common and often devastating. Explosions, as well as contact with hot auto parts, cause many of the burns that people suffer in motor vehicle wrecks.