New York Class Action Lawyer
Experienced Class Action Lawyers & Mass Tort Attorneys
Most of the time, when you as a consumer experience a problem with a product or a service you have purchased, the business that provided it willingly resolves the problem. Sometimes, however, the business refuses to address the problem. There is a wide range of options in the United States for federal and state consumer protection laws that can be used to force the business to right their wrong.
In some instances, the problem that you are experiencing is one that many other consumers have had with the same product or service. Those are cases in which a consumer class action might be an option.
The Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm has over 40 years of experience litigating class action and mass tort claims. Our class action attorneys will review your circumstances and will investigate the personal injury that caused you harm. If you’re part of a potential class action or mass tort claim, our class action lawyers will discuss your options with you. For more information, call our personal injury law firm today at 212-869-3500 or fill out the form below for free consultation.
What Is A Class Action Lawsuit?
A class action is a lawsuit that is brought by one or several people on behalf of everyone who has suffered the same problem with the same business. The group of people is called the “class.” The action collects all of the class members’ claims into one larger claim. If damages are awarded, the entire class shares in the award.
The advantage of a class-action suit in a consumer case is that it aggregates claims that individually may be too small to justify pursuing legal action. Bringing a single action is more efficient and cost-effective because it avoids numerous individual lawsuits that all involve the same facts and circumstances.
Consumer Class Action Claims In New York
Depending on the circumstances, class action cases are brought in either federal or state court. Federal and state laws contain numerous provisions that protect consumers from fraudulent and deceptive practices. Examples of the kinds of business practices that can lead to consumer class action include:
- Manufactures of inherently defective products, recalls, or unsafe products, such as drugs, supplements, medical devices, automobiles, and appliances
- Deceptive sales practices, including false advertising and marketing and bait-and-switch tactics
- Deceptive pricing practices, including hidden and unauthorized or illegal charges for goods and services
- Sexual harassment
- Abusive tactics by a business, such as those sometimes used by debt collectors, credit card companies, and financial services companies
- Consumer Fraud such as unfair or deceptive practices and scams, like those used by some credit card or banking companies
- Securities fraud
- Illegal, misleading, or unfair contract provisions, such as unlawful waiver of rights or excessive liquidated damages clauses
- Unlawful business-wide employment and workplace practices, including civil rights, and employment discrimination classification of pay practices
New Jersey and Connecticut also protect consumers through federal and state laws. Our personal injury attorney has extensive experience with a track record of over 40 years in class action settlements. Our law office will help you understand your rights regardless of where you live and where the problem occurred.
Our Class Action Lawsuit Attorneys Know The Law
At the Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm, our attorneys understand the wide range of consumer protection laws that are available to use against businesses that use illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, or abusive tactics. Our lead counsel has experience in handling class actions legal issues, class action litigation, and in complying with all the federal and state rules and requirements that apply to bring a class action in the federal court or New York state court.
We handle consumer class actions on a contingency fee basis. If we do not succeed in getting a settlement or verdict, you owe us nothing. In addition, your initial consultation is free.
Speak With An Experienced NYC Class Action Lawyer Today
Our legal team serves clients in Manhattan, all five boroughs of New York, and throughout the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Call 212-869-3500 or complete our online evaluation form to schedule a free consultation today.