Bradley S. Zimmerman is the Managing Partner of the Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm and concentrates primarily on medical malpractice, assisted living and nursing home matters, and other personal injury cases.
Brad has worked on many cases involving brain injuries to infants during delivery; deaths due to medical neglect including failure to prevent an impending heart attack, aortic aneurysm, or stroke; amputations that could have been avoided; and individuals who have lost their vision due to infections that were curable. He is known for his sensitivity and compassion for the families who have endured these life-altering events but is also known for his tenacity and prowess in the courtroom.
Brad is an active participant in many professional organizations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and is a past member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. He is also a member of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York City Bar Association and is a long-standing member of the American Association for Justice.
As a well-known and well-respected member of the medical malpractice bar, he is frequently called upon to write and lecture about topics of interest to the community. His article, “Pretrial Issues in Laparoscopic Negligence Cases” appeared in the ATLA Professional Negligence Section Newsletter, and his article “Legislative Caps Take Away the Judge’s Function” appeared in the New York Law Journal.
He recently lectured on nursing home and medical malpractice litigation and has also taught seminars on cross-examination skills and mediating suits against hospitals.
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware (J.D., 1991)
- Franklin and Marshall College (B.A., 1988)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York City Bar Association, Member, Medical Malpractice Committee
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, Board of Directors
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, Member
Publications & Presentations
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and Tort Matters to Legal Community, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and Tort Matters to Legal Community, American Association for Justice
- “Pretrial Issues in Laparoscopic Negligence Cases,” ATLA Professional Negligence Section Newsletter
- “Legislative Caps Take Away the Judge’s Function,” New York Law Journal