The settlement included a first-of-its-kind term: the hospital will address its policies for explaining medical conditions to patients, such as pre-eclampsia and intra-uterine growth restriction. The purpose? To ensure that the patient has a full understanding of their situation and options, including information about the emotional impact of stillborn deaths.
The client, in this case, suffered tremendous emotional distress as a result of the hospital’s failure to provide such information, and it was extremely important to her that others do not suffer the same fate. Brad and Chris successfully negotiated these conditions to require that the hospital discuss these items at grand rounds, which should help improve patient care going forward at that hospital. Not only is this an unusual term of a settlement, but it is monumental for future patients at this hospital.
- Successful Mediation of Birth Injury Case Where Doctors Failed to Properly Monitor Infant
- $800,000 Settlement For Improper Delivery Of Baby
- $7.5 Million Settlement For Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $7.14 Million For Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $5 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death of Pregnant Woman
- $4.96 Million For Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $3.5 Million for Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $2.5 Million Settlement In Case For Failure To Perform A Timely C-Section
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
A case involving a man in his 70’s who contracted Legionnaires’ disease from a hospital.
Breast Cancer misdiagnosed on a mammogram.
With Joe Lanni at the helm, our medical malpractice legal team scored a major victory.
Child Becomes Hypoxic Intermittingly During Labor.
Jail Failed To Provide Proper Medical Care.
Doctors Ignored Our Client’s Complaint Of A Breast Lump.