Medical Malpractice Leads To Amputation And Cardiac Arrest
The Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm’s Managing Partner, Bradley S. Zimmerman, Esq., achieved a substantial settlement this week on behalf of the family of a 67-year-old man. Who was negligently cleared by his treating cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon to undergo knee replacement surgery.
The Patient had many severe conditions in addition to his knee problems:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Hypercholesterolemia (High Cholesterol)
- Kidney Cancer
- Right Nephrectomy (Right Kidney Removed)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- End-stage Renal Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Prior Myocardial Infarctions (Heart Attacks)
The treating cardiologist testified that this Patient had the highest risk factors of any patient he had ever cleared for a knee replacement surgery.
Following the surgery, the Patient’s hemoglobin levels dropped significantly inducing atrial fibrillation, but the treating doctors did nothing about this.
Despite the Patient bleeding significantly after surgery, blood transfusions were extremely delayed. As a result, the Patient developed a thrombotic occlusion – a clot traveled from his heart to underneath his metal implanted knee.
The Thrombotic Occlusion caused a lack of blood flow to his leg, which was so damaging that his leg had to be amputated.
The Patient spent the remainder of his life in rehabilitation therapy and unfortunately passed away approximately 18 months after the amputation.
The doctors argued that the Patient was to blame because he had insisted on having his knee replaced. They also stated that the Patient’s complications were an accepted risk of the procedure.
Notwithstanding these arguments, Brad ensured that the doctors were held accountable for their actions and the devastating injuries suffered by this man.
- Successful Settlement – Doctors Failed to Diagnose Blood Infection
- Successful Settlement – Hospital’s Negligence Led to Leg Amputation
- Brad Zimmerman and Eli Fuchsberg Settle Case Where Patient Aftercare was Mismanaged
- Settlement – Gastric Bypass Patient Negligently Treated by Emergency Room
- Successful Settlement – Failure To Treat And Diagnose A Pulmonary Embolism
- $700,000 Sickle Cell Disease Wrongful Death Verdict
- $925,000 Settlement Where Doctor Failed To Timely Diagnose Herpes
- $925,000 Settlement Where Emergency Room Failed To Properly Assess And Treat Stroke
- $900,000 Settlement For Improper Gallbladder Procedure
- $875,000 Settlement Where Cancer Patient Received Improper Colon Hydrotherapy
- $750,000 Settlement For Negligence In Skin Cancer Exam By Dermatologist
- $750,000 Verdict For Legal Malpractice By Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- $700,000 For Medical Malpractice Involving Doctor’s Failures In Treating Young Child
- $7.5 Million Settlement For Teenager Paralyzed By Spinal Tumor
- $3 Million For Failure To Diagnose Infection
- $3.25 Million Settlement In Misdiagnosed Case Of Back Pain
- $2 Million For Failure To Timely Diagnose Gynecologic Cancer
- $2.3 Million In Wrongful Death Of 38-Year-Old Father
- $1 Million Settlement In Case Where Doctor Failed To Diagnose Prostate Cancer
- $1 Million Settlement For Botched Cholecystectomy
- $1.5 Million Settlement In Case Of Unnecessary Surgery
- $19 Million In Heart Bypass Surgery Case
- $1.2 Million For Man Who Suffered From Undiagnosed Prostate Cancer
- $1.25 Million Settlement For Matter Involving Inadequate Care Of Patient’s Hypertension
- $1.25 Million Settlement Failure To Timely Diagnose Prostate Cancer
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
Successful Mediation of Birth Injury Case Where Doctors Failed to Properly Monitor Infant
Clients Seriously Injured On An Escalator At A Movie Theater
Doctors Failed to Diagnose Blood Infection
Hospital’s Negligence Led to Leg Amputation
Brad Zimmerman and Eli Fuchsberg Settle Case Where Patient Aftercare Was Mismanaged.
Settlement On Behalf Of Gastric Bypass Patient Negligently Treated by Emergency Room