Our clients were seriously injured on an escalator at a movie theater. They did not see that a metal piece of the escalator’s side wall was protruding into the passenger space. The metal piece cut our client’s thigh and caused her to fall and fracture her right ankle. Her husband unsuccessfully attempted to catch her and, in the process, fell and badly hurt his knee.
“The defendant’s escalator repair company and movie theater asked the court to dismiss the case claiming they had no knowledge of the dangerous conditions which caused the accident. They said the damage was caused by children playing on the escalator shortly before the accident.”
Keith Gross – Personal Injury Lawyer, Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm
Keith opposed this motion and explained that the escalator had structural defects that both defendants should have known about, and the escalator should have been repaired prior to the accident. Rather than have the motions decided, the defendants’ attorneys entered into settlement talks on the recommendation of the Judge, who mediated the negotiations. Keith obtained a just and appropriate settlement from both of the defendants on behalf of our clients.
- Welder Suffering Devastating Brain Injury at Work – Obtains Substantial Recovery
- $6.5 Million Dollar Settlement For Client Injured In Motor Vehicle Accident
- $7.5 Million Recovered For Defective Design Of Car
- Recovery Of $500,000 For Slip And Fall On Staircase
- $2.15 Million Settlement In Auto Accident Involving Head-On Collision
- Recovery Of $1 Million For Boy Who Lost Vision In One Eye
- $1.45 Million For 21-Year-Old Laborer Injured From Falling Steel Rods
- $1.5 Million Recovered For “Hit And Run” Auto Accident
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
Jail Failed To Provide Proper Medical Care.
Doctors Ignored Our Client’s Complaint Of A Breast Lump.
Prescribed Medication That Caused Complications
Major Jury Verdict for Woman Paralyzed when Neurologist fails to Diagnose
Welder Suffering Devastating Brain Injury at Work - Obtains Substantial Recovery
Successful Mediation of Birth Injury Case Where Doctors Failed to Properly Monitor Infant