Compensation: $7.5 Million
Managing Partner Bradley Zimmerman and Partner Chris Nyberg achieved a $7.5 million settlement days before trial for an infant who was brain damaged at birth due to the failure of the obstetrician to perform an emergency c-section. The video depositions taken in this matter revealed numerous inconsistencies in the testimony of all medical personnel overseeing the care of the mother and the overwhelming indications for an expedited delivery. The defense had always contended that the infant suffered from chorioamnionitis, an infection to the placenta, which they maintained was the sole cause of the child’s cognitive impairment. Our attorneys were able to convincingly demonstrate, through world-renowned experts and by utilizing radiographic 3-D imaging, that the pattern of injury on the MRI took during the newborn admission was the result of hypoxic events (i.e., lack of oxygen to the brain) occurring during the course of the labor. The meticulous detail in which this matter was litigated led to this extraordinary result. We take great satisfaction in the fact that this child will be taken care of for the rest of his life and will be placed in the New York Medical Indemnity Fund, where all of his lifetime medical needs will be met.
- Successful Mediation of Birth Injury Case Where Doctors Failed to Properly Monitor Infant
- Jacob Fuchsberg Firm Settles Case With Unique Stipulation
- $800,000 Settlement For Improper Delivery Of Baby
- $7.14 Million For Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $5 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death of Pregnant Woman
- $4.96 Million For Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $3.5 Million for Failure To Timely Perform C-Section
- $2.5 Million Settlement In Case For Failure To Perform A Timely C-Section
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
Child Becomes Hypoxic Intermittingly During Labor.
Jail Failed To Provide Proper Medical Care.
Doctors Ignored Our Client’s Complaint Of A Breast Lump.
Prescribed Medication That Caused Complications
Major Jury Verdict for Woman Paralyzed when Neurologist fails to Diagnose
Welder Suffering Devastating Brain Injury at Work - Obtains Substantial Recovery