With Joe Lanni at the helm, our medical malpractice legal team scored a major victory for a client. In a First Department appeal, the Court permitted claims for punitive damages in a medical malpractice case to stand against a physician and hospital system for being complicit in a concurrent surgeries scheme whereby an unsupervised resident performed an operation on the plaintiff without his knowledge and consent. The operation, aside from being nonconsensual, also resulted in substantial injuries to the plaintiff. The plaintiff’s attending physician was in another operating room performing surgery on a different patient while the resident was operating on the client. The appellate decision affirmed a lower court ruling in the case that held punitive damages were appropriate because the defendants’ conduct constituted “gross indifference to patient care.”
- $950K Misdiagnosis Breast Cancer
- $4.4 Million Settlement Where Hospital Destroyed Fetal Monitoring Strips
- Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Settled
- Brain Injury Case Settled
- Major Jury Verdict for Woman Paralyzed when Neurologist fails to Diagnose Autoimmune Disease
- Successful Settlement – Doctors Failed to Diagnose Blood Infection
- Successful Settlement – Hospital’s Negligence Led to Leg Amputation
- Brad Zimmerman and Eli Fuchsberg Settle Case Where Patient Aftercare was Mismanaged
- Settlement – Gastric Bypass Patient Negligently Treated by Emergency Room
- Successful Settlement – Knee Replacement Surgery Leads To Leg Amputation And Cardiac Arrest
- Successful Settlement – Failure To Treat And Diagnose A Pulmonary Embolism
- $700,000 Sickle Cell Disease Wrongful Death Verdict
- $925,000 Settlement Where Doctor Failed To Timely Diagnose Herpes
- $925,000 Settlement Where Emergency Room Failed To Properly Assess And Treat Stroke
- $900,000 Settlement For Improper Gallbladder Procedure
- $875,000 Settlement Where Cancer Patient Received Improper Colon Hydrotherapy
- $750,000 Settlement For Negligence In Skin Cancer Exam By Dermatologist
- $750,000 Verdict For Legal Malpractice By Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- $700,000 For Medical Malpractice Involving Doctor’s Failures In Treating Young Child
- $7.5 Million Settlement For Teenager Paralyzed By Spinal Tumor
- $3 Million For Failure To Diagnose Infection
- $3.25 Million Settlement In Misdiagnosed Case Of Back Pain
- $2 Million For Failure To Timely Diagnose Gynecologic Cancer
- $2.3 Million In Wrongful Death Of 38-Year-Old Father
- $1 Million Settlement In Case Where Doctor Failed To Diagnose Prostate Cancer
- $1 Million Settlement For Botched Cholecystectomy
- $1.5 Million Settlement In Case Of Unnecessary Surgery
- $19 Million In Heart Bypass Surgery Case
- $1.2 Million For Man Who Suffered From Undiagnosed Prostate Cancer
- $1.25 Million Settlement For Matter Involving Inadequate Care Of Patient’s Hypertension
- $1.25 Million Settlement Failure To Timely Diagnose Prostate Cancer
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
A case involving a man in his 70’s who contracted Legionnaires’ disease from a hospital.
Breast Cancer misdiagnosed on a mammogram.
With Joe Lanni at the helm, our medical malpractice legal team scored a major victory.
Child Becomes Hypoxic Intermittingly During Labor.
Jail Failed To Provide Proper Medical Care.
Doctors Ignored Our Client’s Complaint Of A Breast Lump.