Keith Gross recently settled a medical malpractice case in which two doctors — one from an urgent care facility and the other the patient’s regular doctor — failed to timely diagnose and properly treat our client’s endocarditis, commonly known as an infection of the heart.
“Our client had a congenital heart murmur, which both doctors knew about. The murmur was caused by a ventricular septal defect, a pre-existing hole in the heart wall which separates the two lower chambers, and which put him at increased risk for developing a heart valve infection. Despite weeks of symptoms including an unexplained fever, and the heart murmur, the doctors failed to order tests that would have confirmed the infection (bacteremia) at a time when it could have been successfully treated by intravenous antibiotics.”
Keith Gross – Medical Malpractice Lawyer, Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm
The failure to timely diagnose and treat the infection resulted in the bacteria seeding and damaging our client’s aortic heart valve, requiring open-heart surgery to replace the valve and to remove other areas of damage. It was our position that this surgery could and should have been avoided by a timely diagnosis and treatment.
- $950K Misdiagnosis Breast Cancer
- Significant Victory on Appeal
- $4.4 Million Settlement Where Hospital Destroyed Fetal Monitoring Strips
- Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Settled
- Brain Injury Case Settled
- Major Jury Verdict for Woman Paralyzed when Neurologist fails to Diagnose Autoimmune Disease
- Successful Settlement – Hospital’s Negligence Led to Leg Amputation
- Brad Zimmerman and Eli Fuchsberg Settle Case Where Patient Aftercare was Mismanaged
- Settlement – Gastric Bypass Patient Negligently Treated by Emergency Room
- Successful Settlement – Knee Replacement Surgery Leads To Leg Amputation And Cardiac Arrest
- Successful Settlement – Failure To Treat And Diagnose A Pulmonary Embolism
- $700,000 Sickle Cell Disease Wrongful Death Verdict
- $925,000 Settlement Where Doctor Failed To Timely Diagnose Herpes
- $925,000 Settlement Where Emergency Room Failed To Properly Assess And Treat Stroke
- $900,000 Settlement For Improper Gallbladder Procedure
- $875,000 Settlement Where Cancer Patient Received Improper Colon Hydrotherapy
- $750,000 Settlement For Negligence In Skin Cancer Exam By Dermatologist
- $750,000 Verdict For Legal Malpractice By Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- $700,000 For Medical Malpractice Involving Doctor’s Failures In Treating Young Child
- $7.5 Million Settlement For Teenager Paralyzed By Spinal Tumor
- $3 Million For Failure To Diagnose Infection
- $3.25 Million Settlement In Misdiagnosed Case Of Back Pain
- $2 Million For Failure To Timely Diagnose Gynecologic Cancer
- $2.3 Million In Wrongful Death Of 38-Year-Old Father
- $1 Million Settlement In Case Where Doctor Failed To Diagnose Prostate Cancer
- $1 Million Settlement For Botched Cholecystectomy
- $1.5 Million Settlement In Case Of Unnecessary Surgery
- $19 Million In Heart Bypass Surgery Case
- $1.2 Million For Man Who Suffered From Undiagnosed Prostate Cancer
- $1.25 Million Settlement For Matter Involving Inadequate Care Of Patient’s Hypertension
- $1.25 Million Settlement Failure To Timely Diagnose Prostate Cancer
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
A case involving a man in his 70’s who contracted Legionnaires’ disease from a hospital.
Breast Cancer misdiagnosed on a mammogram.
With Joe Lanni at the helm, our medical malpractice legal team scored a major victory.
Child Becomes Hypoxic Intermittingly During Labor.
Jail Failed To Provide Proper Medical Care.
Doctors Ignored Our Client’s Complaint Of A Breast Lump.