Our New York Birth Injury Attorneys: Your Experienced, Compassionate Advocates
Serving New York, New Jersey, & Connecticut
A birth injury or death of an infant profoundly impacts any family. The loss of or harm to a child changes the way people live forever. When medical negligence is found to have caused the harm, the feelings of sadness and anger can be overwhelming. Our New York birth injury attorneys have handled these cases for decades, and are well-known for our sensitive and compassionate work with the families who have experienced these kinds of tragedies.
Compensation and Closure for Families
Our attorneys can help families determine whether negligence has occurred by an OB-GYN or other medical professionals. If it is likely that the hospital or health care provider is at fault, we can bring a lawsuit to obtain proper compensation. That compensation can cover the cost of future medical care and account for pain and suffering and other losses and damages. And it can help the family members begin to find closure on a painful chapter in their lives.
At the Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm, our experienced birth injury lawyers help clients address:
- Problems associated with cerebral palsy, brain injuries, Erb’s palsy, and brachial plexus trauma
- Problems associated with premature birth, including retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) and congenital conditions such as gastroschisis
- Questions about fetal heart rate monitoring
- The timing of emergency C-sections
- Problems associated with a vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
- OB-GYN malpractice
- Access to the New York State Medical Indemnity Fund, which is money set aside by the state of New York for the future cost of care for injured infants
We cannot promise a particular result, but we can promise that we will listen to and understand all of the issues regarding your loved one’s medical care — and help you make choices that are in your family’s best interest.
How Our New York Birth Injury Attorneys Can Help Your Family
Newborns can experience a wide variety of medical problems, many of which happen for reasons we simply don’t understand. Other neonatal conditions are known to occur because of medical negligence.
If your family is feeling the huge impact of a serious birth injury or a medical problem affecting your baby, we understand the emotions that can accompany this difficult time. We understand that you may have questions that need to be answered.
Attorneys with the Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm have brought many successful lawsuits against hospitals and doctors whose negligence has caused harm to babies. Our firm has served clients in and around New York City for several generations.
Holding Negligent Parties Accountable | Helping Families Stabilize Their Lives
Our attorneys have a long history of success in holding parties accountable for malpractice and in obtaining maximum compensation for families who do the hard work of caring for children with medical problems. We handle cases involving significant challenges like:
- Cerebral palsy and brain injury
- Erb’s palsy
- Labor-inducing or labor-augmenting drugs and their side effects
- Insufficient fetal monitoring
- Post-birth injury
- The high cost of long-term care
Injuries to infants can be highly complicated. Every situation is different. Get the advice you need to make informed decisions about your case.
Free Consultation with Our New York Birth Injury Attorneys
Our attorneys handle birth injury cases in New York City and all of New York State, Connecticut and New Jersey. Contact us to schedule your free consultation to discuss your concerns. We charge no fees until we recover compensation for your family.
Articles Related To Birth Injury :
- Maternal Hypothyroidism and Autism Spectrum Disorder Connection?
- Newborns Sustain Brutal Injuries Resulting in Nurse’s Suspension
- Birth Trauma Litigation Plaintiff Perspective
- What Qualifies As “Wrongful Birth” in Medical Malpractice Cases?
- Could Your Child’s Cerebral Palsy Have Been Prevented?
- Partner Chris Nyberg Wins Challenging Motion for Pediatric Malpractice During Birth
- Home Births on the Rise, But Are They Safer than Hospital Births?
- Understanding Your Right to Compensation After a Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy Caused by Medical Mistakes
- When is an Emergency C-section Necessary? The Jacob Fuchsberg Law Firm Settles Multi-million Dollar Case
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
Widow brought a wrongful death suit against a doctor after botched surgery of her husband.
Infant was brain damaged at birth due to the failure of a doctor to perform a c-section.
A wife and mother of three was paralyzed as a result of a faulty car roof design.
Failure to order an MRI resulted in permanent paralysis of a 14-year-old boy.
An infant was neurologically impaired as a result failure to perform a c-section.
Wrongful death of a pregnant woman and one of her babies, leaving the other brain injured.